Tuesday 22 August 2017

The Black Dress

Rose was a beautiful 6 year old girl. She was the apple of her mother's eyes and her daddy's princess.
Her best friend at school was a pretty girl named Susan.

"Mom, pack 2 sandwiches, one for Susan as well." Rose told mommy as she got ready for school.
Mom smiled as she packed another sandwich. She drove her car to the school to drop Rose.

"Hi Susan!" Rose got out of the car and ran towards Susan as she spotted her. Rose's mommy was furious. She called out to Rose and said something that made her unhappy.

The next morning, While Rose was getting ready for school, she called out to her mommy.

"Mom, I am confused, should I wear the red dress or the black one?" Rose asked her mommy.

"My love, all colors are lovely, wear any of them. You will look good in any color you choose." Mommy replied.

"Oh, no mommy. You told me not to speak with Susan, as she is black. Black must be bad."

Something died inside Rose's mother. She hugged Rose and cried, " No, my dear. Black is just as lovely as any other colour. I am Sorry."

1 comment: