Thursday 25 June 2020

Daddy's Little Girl

For most daughters the first Man in their lives is their Father! He is their Hero and Role model.
My Father, who I call 'Papa' is the Man behind whatever I am today. He gave me the liberty to be myself, study what I wanted and follow my career. He never told me to 'Be a Woman' or 'This is a Man's World.'

On his birthday i.e. 12th December, I wrote my heartfelt gratitude for him...

The best man of my life, you are,
My hero, you are my shining star.

The beautiful childhood that I owe you,
For Fathers like you are very few.

You cheer me up when I am sad,
Every daughter is not as lucky, dear Dad.

Blessed to have your trust and advice,
You make me bold, fearless and wise.

Patience, love and simplicity you bring,
There isn't a more humble being.

A lot more than a diamond or pearl,
Happiness is being Daddy's little Girl.

These are the things I don't always say,
That's my way of saying Happy Birthday!

1 comment: